Formal Notice of the 73rd Annual General Meeting of the Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers Ltd.
The Annual General Meeting of the Society will be held on Saturday 14th November 2020 (to take place online using Zoom, commencing at 1.30pm).
Registration for delegates is now closed. However any fully paid up member of the British Model Flying Association may view the AGM as an observer. Please complete the form at https://agm.bmfa.uk/observer before 4pm on Friday 13th November if you wish to attend as an observer.
The following nominations have been received for the vacant Elected Officer's posts on the Council of Management:
- Vice-Chairman (2 year term) Peter Halman FSMAE
- Honorary Secretary (2 year term) Mark Benns
- Records Officer (2 year term) Simon Vaitkevicius
There are no ballots required for the Elected Officer’s posts. There are no ballots required for Technical Committees. For full details of all 2020 nominations see here.
Further information about the 2020 AGM will be published online here when available.
The exceptional times we are living through require exceptional measures, but we hope that the arrangements we have put in place will allow the AGM to run as smoothly as possible.
- To receive the Minutes of the 72ndAnnual General Meeting held on 16th November 2019.
- To consider and adopt the Company Report up to 31st August 2020.
- To consider and adopt the Accounts and Balance Sheet of the Society, for the year ended 31st March 2020.
- To approve the Budget for the ensuing financial year, and to fix the subscriptions payable by the members in each category for 2021.
- To appoint Paul Stephenson of Payne Walker as Auditor for the ensuing year and to authorise the fixing of his remuneration.
- To consider the Council’s recommendations for the election of Fellows of the Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers.
- To receive the results of the Nominations for the Elected Officers and Technical Committees including the results of any elections.
- To fix the date and venue of the 74th Annual General Meeting.
Suggested date: 20th November 2021
There is none.
31, St. Andrew’s Road
Leicester LE2 8RE
Note: Any member of the Company entitled to vote shall be entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote at the above-mentioned Annual General Meeting in his place (no member may hold more than five proxies.)